There is often a lot of negativity around having twins. I don’t know why because I think it is extremely special and the most amazing thing in the world. Yes, it is hard. Yes, I have cried. And yes I have felt like giving up, but, on the whole, it’s pretty awesome and I so don’t agree with comments like ‘oh double trouble’, ‘you certainly have your hands full’, would you say ‘you look like you have a naughty one there!’ to a single child!
I have put together 15 reasons why it is totally fabulous to have twins.
- 2 children and you only have to lose the baby weight once!
I put on nearly 3 stone with the girls and it took longer than expected to lose. If your only having twins and no more, once the weights gone, its gone!
- They will always have each other and never be lonely.
The twin bond is so special. I have loved watching my girls from such a young age interacting with each other, comforting each other, playing together. This still amazes me every day and I am so proud of them.
- You will only have to establish one routine.
I can’t recommend getting your twins into an early routine enough. My girls have been so easy because of this and it has really worked for me. I love them going to bed at the same time!
- The Attention – where ever you are, you will always get attention!
You will never be able to do anything in a hurry again. So many people will stop you and ask ‘awe, are they twins?’ then followed by 50 other questions!
- 2 for 1
You only had to go through one pregnancy/labour, but achieved two children!
- You will have a twin daddy by your side to share everything with.
I am very lucky that the twin’s daddy is simply amazing. He did every single night feed, morning feed and evening feed with me and even now, does bedtime every night.
- Double the milestones
Double the smiles, double the giggles, double the fun!
- Forever friends
The twin bond is something only twin parents have the privilege of experiencing.
- Discovering their differences even if they are identical.
It is fascinating watching twins go. Early on, the girls would swap personalities fairly regularly. One week twin 1 was the more confident, and the following week the other. Now they are completely different which, considering they are identical is hard to get your head around at times!
- Meeting other multiple parents and joining the exclusive club of twin mums (and dads).
I have met many lifelong friends through twins groups and it was an important part of my life early on.
- Both children start nursery at the same time meaning you have ‘you time’ sooner!
- The twins will have each other on their first day of nursery or school.
I totally loved this on the girls first day at nursery. I left knowing that at least they had each other!
- Seeing them encourage each other to do well.
It melts your heart when you hear ‘Well done Poppy’.
- Seeing them care for one another if one is upset.
- Once ‘the phase’ is over, it’s done!
Oh the phases – Remember, everything is just a phase!